Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, March 3, 2013

BOMs Away Monday - 4 Mar - Kelly's Stars Round 2


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!

We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of this post.


HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY to my oldest daughter!! 


I can't believe I have a 21yo. Inconceivable.
She's so bright and vibrant, she brings a lot of joy to my life. I really wish her college wasn't so very far away from home, but I'm thrilled that it became a possibility for her to go to the school of her dreams.

~*~*~*~

Boy! The BOM project I do on the first week of the month is just getting stuck in molasses every time. I pulled out Kelly's dual set to finish the second part of the Month 1 work (last month I did the 10 small stars and left the 8 double stars for this month).  



Well, after many hours of work, I got the first 4 of the double-ray stars finished. I was just finishing the patches for the outer ring of the last 4 stars (the red bursts are all constructed) when my piecing machine had some kind of motor issue that renders it unwise to do anymore on it until it's seen a doctor. So I'll finish the last ring of those four next month.

The other issue I had with these was that there wasn't enough of the yellow fabric to keep that part uniform on every star. Kelly had 2 large civil-war charm packs in the fabric box, and after re-scrutinizing all the fabrics, I deduced that she had included those apparently superfluous packs for times like this. So I subbed in 3 charms. One of the finishes from today shows how I did that.



I actually really like the effect.  :)
(And this is the orientation they'll sit in for the quilt top)



~*~*~*~*~ 

 What have you guys done on BOMs or interval projects lately? Weeklies are welcome along with regular projects that you’ve broken into monthly units, and –of course- true BOMs.   Share your eye candy and show off your progress since the last time you linked up! There are some wonderful monthly and weekly projects going on out there.  


10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter and your blocks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that change also. Hope your machine isn't in serious condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your daughter! Great stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet bunch of girls you have. Happy birthday! You've been a busy gal, as usual. I'm linking up for the first time, on a Monday! And I mentioned you in my post. Thanks for coordinating this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your number 1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your oldest! Love those double stars - the yellow really helps the red pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love your stars!! Tell your daughter Happy Birthay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your daughter, 21 is a great age to be!

    I really like the effect of the new fabric in your blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your daughter! My #1 son and daughter have birthdays this month. My daughter who is the youngest will be 27! Yikes!
    Great save on your blocks.
    I will be linking up to your blog for your BOMs away tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.