Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, September 29, 2013

BOMs Away - Sept 30 - Ruffled Roses

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!

We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of this post.
  
  

It's the last BOMs Away of the month, and it's been a good one for me - everything's kept up to schedule with the completion of the third swag border for my Ruffled Roses:
 
 
 
The first one is already sewn to the quilt center:
(The colors are truer above)
 
 
 
 
I got a fair bit done on #4 as well, and then I still have the 4 cornerstones to stitch up



 
It'll be nice when I can finally move on to the next round of this quilt - probably for its December work!
  
It's going to be an incredible quilt to have one day, being made only on the one-day-per-month attention that it gets.   :D
 
Just to remind you what it will one day grow up to look like:
 

 
 
Have you worked on any of your BOMs or interval-work projects this past week?
 

~*~*~*~*~
 Any projects broken into weekly or monthly units are welcome in addition to true BOMs.   Share your eye candy and show off your progress since the last time you linked up! There are some wonderful monthly and weekly projects going on out there.

8 comments:

  1. It is going to be just beautiful!!! I have a number of BOM's I need to work on. I really need to get going on them after I clean up after the water in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous BOM! A lot of work, but so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness gracious! At one-day-a-month, when is that one slated to be done, 2025?? It is lovely looking, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be a gorgeous quilt! I'm curious.....how much do you usually get done working on the quilt one day a month?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin great! I love the swag and it is all so flat and perfect looking. I will definitely be looking for advice when I get to my large-piece applique plans... Not til 2014 though, and I am not sure yet that I will hand turn but I think so! I am curious about the photo of the cornerstone work - hopefully we will see more soon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special quilt that's going to be! Love it already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I haven't worked on BOMs lately, but thanks for asking. I am SO far behind on my quilting. Teaching really takes a bite out of personal sewing time. Now I'm learning to find a balance between teaching and quilting. Right now, teaching is winning. But when upcoming October classes are over, I see a couple free months ahead... and Christmas, already! Not enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your swag borders are lovely and what a beautiful quilt this is going to 'grow up' to be~! love the colors and your stitches are perfection~!!

    i'm visiting from A Quilting Reader's Garden - Applique Tuesday link up. i'm a little late joining in but having a great time seeing everyone's work.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.