Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, December 1, 2013

BOMs Away - 2 Dec - Family & a Little Cutting

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg




Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of this post.


I hope my U.S. friends had a good Thanksgiving. We hopped the Rockies to spend a couple of days at Grandpa's in Utah.





It was very nice to see family, play a bunch of cards, eat too much food, and . . . stop on the way over for the transfer of a large herd of sheep?? 



We were greatly entertained in western Colorado when it suddenly looked like we were in Wales. Hundreds and hundreds of sheep were being herded a mile or so down the road and across the White River. Of course, the sheep kept deciding to cross the road, so we ended up just inching along far enough behind them to not cause alarm.



The shepherds had to be freezing - It was only 18 degrees or so, with a lot of frost in the air. Bet they were thankful for their face masks that day! Every one of them appreciated the "hellos" we waved at them. Loved the working dogs, too.



There were just a few black sheep mixed in, and they each wore a cowbell. It was funny seeing them all trot along. The last one, especially, seemed keen on not being left behind. I was surprised at how fast sheep can run when they want to. . .




In addition to the holiday weekend, today was our youngest daughter's birthday, so I didn't get anything more done on BOM work than cutting out the pieces for the month 5 work on Holiday Tidings.

How about you? Did you manage any BOM sewing lately?
 

~*~*~*~*~
 Any projects broken into weekly or monthly units are welcome in addition to true BOMs.   Share your eye candy and show off your progress since the last time you linked up! There are some wonderful monthly and weekly projects going on out there.
 

7 comments:

  1. I love these travelogues you post, Lyn! Boy it looks cold out there. I wonder how the horses can handle it, too. Yes, I did get something done. Made 19 flannel square for quilt 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sheep! Whew! it's so cold over there! Thanks for posting the linky Sunday night. :) ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice trip for Thanksgiving! I just wanna be a sheep.....
    baa.....baa............Oh Lord have mercy.......those children's songs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Lynn! No BOM's for me this week, making pyjama trousers for my son's birthday gift this weekend instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how much fun is that? What a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful!! Happy Holidays right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 18* yeah, that would be cold riding a horse. the sheep are probably plenty warm though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.