Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, May 28, 2017

BOMs Away - Octopus Garden 1


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Do you ever start Block-of-the-Months and then not finish them? 
Or maybe you just like doing a lot of them?
This is where you can share what you're doing on a BOM or anything you work on at given intervals. 
Show us what you accomplished in the past week or so!
(Linky at the bottom.)

Hi there - I got the applique for Block 1 of Octopus Garden finished today. Cutting those letters out of the ultrasuede lite was a little tricky, but there they are, and they look just fine. :)


And while I hope my other U.S. blog friends are enjoying the long weekend, let's all remember why we have it, and perhaps think about how we can lighten the load of families who have lost a parent/spouse in military service. I know we have several agencies in our area that help them, such as the Angels of America's Fallen program (which sponsors kids all over the country).


Back to quilting - have you done any BOM work lately? We'd love to see your progress.



3 comments:

  1. Love your Block 1......so cute, sweet, fun, and any other adjective you can think of....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the fiddley bits that get you in the end! And they look fine, even after all that angst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you getting the Octopus Garden BOM? That first block is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.