Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

One priority goal checked off. :)

I've been working hard on my quilting and piecing priorities (both of which are intense), and one has paid off this morning. 



These green checkerboards for my Listen with Your Eyes quilt were the second part of my January goal for this quilt. It is on my 18 in 2018 list, but I intend to finish all its piecing, so I'm not checking it off yet.

I was meticulous with the seams, so I'm hoping everything fits together happily in the end! Four more color sets to make, and then a bunch of black-and-white curved strips.

Getting the diamond/NYB star circles put together was the first part of my January piecing goal, which I shared last week:



Now that those two sets are all finished, I get to take a break from this quilt until February and work on other projects in the mornings. I have two gifts I intend to finish by month's end: 

Scott's Wildlife Trio, a mini for him to put up at work. It's already pieced (in a fashion that has already finished the edges) and fused, and you can see how little it is, so it shouldn't take too long to finish up:



First I'll focus on "Nicole's Mountains," a mini I just designed to do up for her birthday in early Feb. It catches my fancy, I think I'll make it in duplicate so I can keep one, too, assuming Scott doesn't steal it for work. He's really into minis at his offices!



~*~*~ Linking up at:


WOW - WIPs on Wed at Esther's
Let's Bee Social at Lorna's
WIP Link-Up at Brook's


17 comments:

  1. wow, wow, wow!!
    such impressive projects!!
    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piecing precision is amazing! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job on the checkerboard! I am getting excited to see this one coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of work done! Love your checkerboards - all the variations of green work so nicely with b/w. And all the precise piecing - absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is really beautiful. Those checkerboards -- wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say "Amazing" but I think someone beat me to it! Love that precise work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all amazing. Your piecing is spectacular and you are so brave. I avoid curves, heard they are dangerous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that is just stunning! How fun, too, to have it all fall together as you had hoped, thanks to that careful piecing! Can't wait to see further progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was fascinated by your two BOMs! Each is so unique. I'm looking forward to seeing the finish of both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I continue to be amazed and inspired by how intricate and gorgeous the Listen With Your Eyes blocks are! Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous projects. My favorite is the green...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowza! Those quilts are fantastic. So many curves and points!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow the green checkerboards are amazing! The dotted fabric almost makes it look sparkly at first glance. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are moving along sweetly! I think your Listen with your Eyes quilt is outstanding and certainly very technical. I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful piecing. I really like your little (?) valentine quilt. Brilliant mix of appliqué and piecing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.